Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

More FOs

Just a quick post with some photos of a couple of recent FOs.

First of all, an Ishbel Shawl from Ysolda Teague which I meant to send to my Gran before I left London, but sort-of forgot... oops.  Here it is blocking in the sun:



It was knitted with a lovely skein of Malabrigo sock yarn and is so soft and smooshy.  It was my first project knitting continental style (with the yarn in my left hand).  I'm really pleased and it went quite well. Once again though, the watchword was 'LIFELINES'!

And second of all here's a gorgeous glove and neck-warmer set I made for my sister's birthday.  The pattern is called Cafe au Lait mitts (which is free on Ravelry) and I used the stitch pattern to make the neck-warmer.  This used up the skein of yarn almost perfectly.  It was another one of Flamboyance Yarns' beautifully hand-dyed skeins, this time a DK yarn called Rufford.  It knit up really beautifully and was very happy with the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment