Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Stitched Science - The Big Event

I had such a wonderful time at Stitched Science last weekend at the Science Museum in London.  For some reason, I volunteered to help everyone set-up and get ready, plus pack away.  It took me until Wednesday to recover!  But it was all worth it for an absolutely fabulous two days last weekend when the visitors were in the museum!

It was slightly surreal to see my work which I mostly just giggled at in proper showcases in a proper museum.  As well as the Bunsen I blogged about previously, I also managed to knock together a telescope + accompanying dome.  And when I say knock together I really mean knock together.  I think the thing was basically help up more by pipecleaners, cardboard and my enthusiasm than anything else.

I would not recommend taking any data on this!

I want to say thank you to Lauren and Natali at Stitch London for letting me be part of their wonderful event, plus all the lovely knitters I know via Twitter and/or Ravelry who I met face-to-face for the first time, often with their kids in tow too.

I did take some photos of the event, but to be honest, the best pictures are over on the Stitch London blog and their Stitch Up.  Definitely check out the photos of the individual pieces that people sent in and are posted on the Stitch Up feed.  Some of them really are works of art, especially Jenny at World of Woolcraft's pieces which were so creative and a real fusion of art and science!

I really did have so much fun and I really hope I get to do an event like this again soon, combining the two things I love the most - science and knitting!  Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment