Pages

Wednesday 19 January 2011

2011 Stitch Resolutions

Inspired by a thread on the Stitch London forum on Ravelry, I've decided to make some resolutions of my own.  At least this way it'll be a guide as to what I stitch for the rest of the year.

  1. Learn to crochet.  It is my perpetual shame that I have not been able to learn to do this, despite the guidence of a children's Ladybird book for crochet.  We'll see how I manage this year
  2. Follow an Italian pattern instead of copping out and just using the ones online in English.  I've got a couple of patterns stashed away and a magazine I've picked up so hopefully I'll manage.  Italian patterns seem to lack the idiot-proof instructions I'm used to from ones in English
  3. Learn Brioche knitting.
  4. Make an Estonian lace shawl.  I've had my eye on Laminara for a while and found some beautiful yarn to make it with.  This looks like a serious knitting undertaking though, not something I will be knitting in front of the TV during the Six Nations!
  5. Take better photos of the finished items because everyone else has such lovely pictures and I want to do my hard work justice
Ok that last one isn't really related to knitting, but it's something I've been meaning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment