Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Off The Needle

I finished the gloves I'd been making on Friday and immediately took them for a test drive trip out.  They are the Broad Street Mittens from knitty.com.  I'm not totally overwhelmed by the result because I think the pattern was designed for someone with hands of different proportions from mine.  The design says they are for large hands, and generally I would say mine are small, but the fit around the thumb and the wrist is all over the place on me.  I think that if I made myself another pair then I'd have to do some serious modifications.  I'd definitely knit more than 6 rows after the thumb gusset decrease.  Whether it's years playing the piano or just freakish genetics, but I need a bit more room there.

I must say something about the yarn though.  It is a fabulous 4ply merino/nylon mix called Gallant from Flamboyance Yarns.  It was absolutely wonderful to knit with and so warm!  It's all hand-dyed and all the colourways Louise makes are amazing.  This one in particular caught my eye because it's called Space Dust.  It's a lovely mixture of purples, blues and pinks and looks wonderful with my purple winter coat.

Space Dust Mittens

1 comment:

  1. ciao Emma, i tuoi guanti sono splendidi! ho appena visto quelle lane stupende sul sito che mi hai indicato. Mi fanno impazzire!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete